Who I Am As A Person And Attorney
Before you hire a lawyer, you deserve to know more about the person behind the law degree.
I am attorney David A. Montgomery, and I am passionate about protecting and preserving families.
Although I obtained my law degree from Yale Law School, I was born and raised in East Tennessee. Growing up in Knoxville, I came to love the places and people of East Tennessee.
Since graduating from law school, I have lived and worked in different places around the country and the world: Atlanta, Moscow (Russia), Chicago, and Williamsburg (Kentucky). But recently I decided to return home to Knoxville, to establish a law office to serve the people of East Tennessee with their legal needs.
As an attorney for many years, I have helped families and individuals with their legal needs in the areas of child custody and support, adoptions, divorce and other family law issues, wills and trusts, special needs planning , and probate and estate administration. For five years I also served as a mediator of family and other disputes.
In addition to my work as an attorney and a mediator, I have served as a pastor of a small church and have raised a family of three boys. My varied work and life experiences have equipped me to understand the emotional and relational struggles you may be going through with your family law issue.
You deserve to have a lawyer who will work hard to understand your needs, your concerns, your desires, and your fears. You also deserve an attorney who will not just give you empty words to make you feel better, but who will work hard to achieve the resolution you need.
I invite you to learn more about my experience and professional credentials at my attorney profile page link below:
My Five Promises
If you hire me as your lawyer, my firm will make you these five promises:
- I will provide you with legal services of the highest quality, but at a cost similar to other small law firms.
- I will treat you with respect, as a person of value and not just as another name on a file.
- I will work tirelessly for you, giving your situation the time and personalized attention that it needs and deserves.
- I will stay in regular communication with you, keeping you up-to-date on the progress of your case and our firm’s work on your behalf.
- In all that I do, I will work together with you to achieve the best possible solution to your legal situation or need.